Cloudflare offers a wide range of services, including:
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): Cloudflare’s CDN stores a cached version of its content in multiple geographical locations (a.k.a., points of presence, or PoPs). By storing content closer to website visitors, it’s able to deliver this content more quickly, improving performance.
- DDoS Protection: When a DDoS attack is detected, Cloudflare’s network is able to absorb the flood of traffic and keep your site online. Cloudflare’s DDoS protection includes rate limiting, reputation-based threat protection, and other security features.
- DNS Service: Cloudflare’s DNS service translates website names to IP addresses (the unique address where a website is stored). It is one of the fastest DNS services, which can improve website performance.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF): Cloudflare’s WAF inspects HTTP traffic and is able to block unwanted visitors (like spammers and hackers) and keep out malicious software.
- Argo Smart Routing: Argo analyzes and optimizes routing decisions across the global Internet in real-time. Think Waze, the automobile route optimization app, but for Internet traffic.
- Rate Limiting: This service protects the resources of a website by controlling the requests that individuals can make to a site within a specific timeframe. This helps prevent bots from abusing and bringing down websites.
- Load Balancing: Cloudflare’s Load Balancing service distributes network or application traffic across many resources to ensure that no single server bears too much demand.
- Bot Management: Cloudflare uses machine learning and behavioral analysis to detect and mitigate the impact of bots, which can abuse and slow down websites.
- SSL/TLS: Cloudflare provides an SSL certificate that encrypts data between the visitor and Cloudflare’s network, and between Cloudflare and your server. This helps keep private information like passwords and credit card numbers safe.
- Cloudflare Pages: A platform for deploying and hosting JAMstack websites. It integrates with your GitHub repository and deploys a new version of your website each time you push to your designated production branch.
- Access: Cloudflare Access replaces traditional corporate VPNs with Cloudflare’s global network. It allows employees to work securely from any location without a VPN.
For the most accurate and current information, check Cloudflare’s official website.